WTF! “What did he average by that? What execute you think he’s saying?” Why did the wait a day and also a half to speak that?”
Here room a few ideas about that unsatisfying text blog post you simply read:
1. The can’t spell.
You are watching: So close yet so far away meaning
2. The doesn’t edit predictive texting.
3. He’s city hall football.
4. He can’t, or doesn’t want to wax on eloquently choose in romantic novels.
5. The missed the memo on just how to send pithy, loving and validating message statements.
6. He’s no a mind-reader, and wrote the text prior to pondering the meaning of life.
7. The message came in in ~ the same time that walked right into a meeting, or to be posting the best photo ever before on Instagram!
Here space a few ideas about what she thinks he meant:
1. She feels loved and also validated by native of affirmation. Numerous of us feel loved when we are told nice things about ourselves. In various other words, us feel loved when we space fed native of affirmation (See Gary Chapman’s publication The 5 Love Languages).
2. She emotions overview her decision making, and also she filling in the blanks when she doesn’t have all the facts.
3. She stays in she head (those space the pundit types) and also she is way over thinking the meaning of the text. Many of united state look for reasons to not trust due to the fact that we are afraid being hurt. Before we open up up our love to the possibility of being hurt, us nip it in the bud. More about this issue in a future blog.
4. She’s motivated by messages like, “I’m not lovable,” “something’s wrong v me,” or “I’m not great enough.” texting is like being fed crumbs of food. Favor the plant named Aubrey 2 in Little Shop the Horrors, many of us need more and much more and more, and it’s frequently exhausting for our partners once we want day-to-day feedings via text messaging.
Here’s the deal – Emotional texting is a poor idea.
I’m not saying noþeles about good or poor ways of loving and living. I’m no judging everyone who needs words the affirmation. It happens to be among my primary love languages.
What ns am suggesting is emotional texting is akin to being fed crumbs once we’re starving. Like in the movie Little Shop of Horrors, Aubrey 2 is insatiable!
“Feed me Seymore, feed me every night long!”
If you should laugh, watch this funny video – feed Me Seymore.
It’s tough to consistently affirm who via text. Indigenous alone just don’t occupational for those of us who read in between the lines. For several of us, words should be accompanied by inflections and also tones in our voices, and facial expressions. It’s about how we rotate toward ours partners and also physically connect with them. Those vital body cues, an unified with words, is what feeds plenty of of our souls.
So, what carry out we do around it? Here’s a Tip from the trace encouraging us to open up a dialogue around how, and when we message each other.
When you very first start a relationship, talk about your texting habits, and also develop support agreed upon text massage ground rules.Come to an understanding about compartmentalizing your love life and also work life. Once you room at work, you are working and do no emotionally engage. Talk about respecting each others boundaries. It’s not around not loving every other, it’s around moving with our busy days, and not always having to job-related out emotional content at inappropriate times.Consider not texting during work hours other than for an i agreeed upon, midday text of an emoji, or one “I love you” statement. Talk about what those little emojis mean to every of you. Some guys hate them. Some females hate the emoji v the tongue hanging out. Sounds stupid, yet these things matter to numerous of us. Comment on what functions for you and what doesn’t, connect, and get earlier to work.
See more: How Many Holes Does A Woman Have In Her Body ? How Many Holes Are In The Female Body
I expect this helps save a few relationships, and/or start a new relationship v a clearer knowledge of just how texting can develop unnecessary drama in between two, well an interpretation people.