This promotion is valid online only at www.piersonforcongress.com. Discount is $50.00 off any brand-new 12-month subscription, $25.00 turn off any new 6-month subscription, or $10.00 off any kind of month-to-month subscription. To redeem, enter code together at checkout. Discount go not apply to automatically or user-initiated rebirth of currently subscription nor automatic graduation renewal. Discount cannot be an unified with any other offers and/or used retroactively to previously inserted orders. Free shipping to continental united state only. Discount does not use to shipping external the continental us or to any type of taxes. Offer valid v November 21, 2021 11:59 pm PT.
You are watching: Does color affect memory science fair project
Skip to contents
(0) items in dare Log out my Account
Culture & Geography
Introduce your son to geography, travel, world cultures, the arts and more.
Solve genuine scientific mysteries every month through our science subscription boxes.
Shop by Age
Activities, kits, toys and also projects for every ages
Shop by Collection
No matter their passion, we’ve acquired you extended with our hand-picked collections.
Shop by Price
Unique bundles and hands-on fun
Shop by Age
3-5 6-8 9+
Shop Subscription Boxesages 3-5 at an early stage EXPLORERS
Early ExplorersDig into the world wonders, indigenous the deep sea to dinosaurs, with hand-operated activities, games, and stories.
periods 6-10 people EDITION
World Editiondiscover a brand-new country every month with hand-operated activities, stories, and souvenirs.
periods 7-12 USA version
USA Editiontake an action-packed road expedition to brand-new states every month.
periods 5-8 scientific research JUNIOR
Science JuniorLaunch brand-new science, engineering, and also math explorations with hands-on tasks and challenges.
ages 8+ SCIENCE explorations
Science Expeditionsexplore a brand-new science location each month with experiments, inventions, comic books, and badges.
Shop by Price
$25-$30 $30-$70 $70+
Shop through Collection
Geography & Travel
Toys & plank Games
Log out my Account (0) items in dare
Twitter Pinterest email
Psychology scientific research Fair Project: Do people Remember much better in Color?
Do world remember far better in color? This psychology experiment test whether civilization recall details better when shade is involved. The college student conducts the experiment making use of the exact same coloring book page, one in black and also white and one in color.
Science Field: Psychology, human being Sciences
Grade Level: 5th-6th Grade
Materials: similar coloring book pages, fifty percent in black and also white, half in complete color, timer, pencil, notepad, computer system (digital table to record results)
Questions come Consider
Make certain to offer feasible answers and earlier them up v support and evidence.
1. What is recall? just how is it various than memory?
2. What is color?
3. Exactly how does the mind process color?
4. Does color impact memory recall? If so, how?
5. What other factors impact a human’s capacity to recall?
6. Will subjects recall far better when observing a scene in black and also white or in color?
1. Construct a hypothesis based on an important thinking, research study on the over questions and also other background information.
2. Uncover a coloring web page with a details scene that includes lots the details that you deserve to ask her subjects concerns about. Shot to usage a coloring book that is detailed and has scenes prefer cityscapes or objects in the picture. Stop pages with nothing yet designs as it will be an overwhelming to develop specific questions. Activity books that contain storage recall pages would certainly be proper for this experiment.
3. Copy black-and-white pages. Then color the color sheet and print shade copies. Make certain all pages space identical, limiting her variables.
4. Build 5-6 certain questions concerning the colour sheet. Because that example, how many birds room in the picture? What toy was the small girl playing with? What go the sign over the store say?
5. Usage a test sample the at least 16-30 people. Give half the team the black-and-white page. The other fifty percent receives the full-color page.
6. Have each subject examine the photo for one minute. Castle should try to remember as lot of the scene as possible, noticing certain details.
7. When the minute is over, collection the coloring sheets and hand the end your collection of questions.
8. Provide each topic one minute come answer the questions. Make certain to record essential information (name, age, gender) about your test topic in situation you need to refer back to the when examining the outcomes of her experiment. Notice and record in a spreadsheet just how long each subject took come answer the questions. Typical the totals. Which team took much longer to prize the questions?
9. Collection the survey and also check every subject’s answers. Analyze the data and also tally how many correct and also incorrect answers over there were for both groups. Build a collection of concerns to prove your hypothesis. To be there details questions that each group frequently missed? were there certain questions the both groups answered correctly?
10. Record your data in a spreadsheet. Uncover the typical correct answer score with each group. Find the typical incorrect price score with each group.
11. Based on the data, develop a conclusion around your experiment. Evaluation your questions and background information and discuss feasible variables that could have impacted the result of her experiment. Decide if your experiment was successful and also if your hypothesis was correct.
12. Display your data in a thoroughly report and also an attractive presentation.
See more: What Part Of The Brain Controls Involuntary Actions ? Your Brain & Nervous System (For Kids)
Alternative Experiment: use a black-and-white and also colored photo of the exact same scene to check subjects’ ability to recall.