Where is the fuel pressure regulator located and how to replace it? This is the code being thrown up for us. Thank you.

You are watching: 2002 ford explorer fuel pressure regulator


Hello, The fuel pressure regulator is located in the tank on the fuel pump. Here is a diagram (below) of what it looks like and a guide to help you test it.https://www.piersonforcongress.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulatorCheck out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.


The diagnostic computer reads fuel too lean. The fuel pressure is 70. It should between 28 and 40. Where can I find a diagram that shows me where the fuel pressure regulator is, or can you tell me?

The fuel pressure should be between 60 and 65 so you are okay. The regulator is will the pump as one unit they do not have separated pressure regulators anymore. It is calling a lean codes and low power because you need a new MAF sensor which is a regular maintenance item. Here is a guide to help you get the problem fixed.https://www.piersonforcongress.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-mass-air-flow-sensor-mafPlease let us know what happens.Cheers
2004 Explorer XLT 4.0L 6-cyl gasoline; gas mileage way down to about 12-13 mpg, running very rich, had diagnosis performed, was told the "fuel pressure regulator" located at the front of the fuel rail is stuck open or not functioning. Told about $350 for part, but cannot locate equivalent part on any auto parts sites. Is the name correct, or is the device known as something else?
How long since a tune-up? Any applicable trouble codes? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. My info says fuel pump regulator is in gas tank, part of the fuel pump assembly.

See more: What Is The Typical Subject Matter Of Realistic Opera? Music Multiple Choice

Trouble code read "high fuel pressure", "running rich bank 1 and 2", don"t remember the code. Took the vehicle to mechanic who diagnosed fuel system condition, checked fuel pump pressure (5 psi too low), checked rail pressure (10 psi too high), took vacuum line off the "fuel pressure regulator" at front of rail, pressure is meant to drop by about 10 psi, did not change without vacuum, which lead to diagnosis of faulty fuel pressure regulator. He also recommended replacing fuel pump and fuel filter. Total cost of $900 with labor. No tune-up ever, all original engine equipment including fuel and ignition systems components. I did replace the MAF sensor recently when vehicle began rough-idling and stalling.My question is what is the component called that bolts on (two torx bolts) to front of the fuel rail, and has a small-diameter vacuum line coming of the top of it? I can"t find it in any of the online parts stores, but do remember the mechanic telling me that it is a motorcraft part only. Thanks for your help.